I am thankful for Pinterest. Seriously. I love poking around at new recipes, DIY ideas, decor concepts or even outfit inspiration pictures. Everything is located at one place and beyond easy to organize. That’s important to me, because I can’t tell you how many times I find something I love, and then completely forget where I saw it. But above all this, it just has the most awesome things on it. Like the no-bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies I made this weekend.
No, I’m totally not kidding.
And it was super easy. Just like no-bake cookies are supposed to be.
The ingredients were pretty simple: sugar, cocoa, butter, milk, vanilla, 1-minute oats and peanut butter.
First, you heat the cocoa, butter, sugar and milk until there is a rolling boil.
Then you add the peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal.
Once the ingredients are all mixed together, not only will it smell like heaven on earth, but it will look a little like this gloriousness.
Remove the pan from heat, and start spooning the mixture on a tray that is covered with parchment paper. Once I had finished spooning everything, I popped the tray in the fridge so they could really harden up.
Final product was a super sweet, super chewy treat.
Next time I make this (and you better believe there will be a next time) I think I might lessen the amount of sugar in the recipe. Don’t get me wrong, they were good…but VERY sugary. Perfect paired with a cup of tea while watching TV on the couch. AKA…every single night of the week.
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups Sugar (again, next time I’m going to make it with less…probably 1 or 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 1/2 cups Quick cooking Oats
- 2 tsp. Vanilla
- Combine butter, sugar, milk and cocoa ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring ingredients to a rolling boil, and let boil/combine for 1 minute.
- Stir in peanut butter, cooking oats and vanilla.
- Once ingredients are completely mixed together, let sit for one minute.
- Remove saucepan from heat source.
- Drop mixture onto wax/foil paper.
- Let cool until set; if they aren’t setting, put cookies in refrigerator until they are hard
- BON APPETITE!