Man oh man, we have been busy! Our tree is up, Christmas cards out, stockings are hung and the Christmas party planning in full swing!
I promise to share pictures of our holiday decor later in the week, but for now wanted to focus on the task at hand: our first Christmas party. Being that Christmas is both John and mine’s favorite holiday, we decided to start a tradition of hosting a Christmas party the Saturday before the big day. Since we are still in an apartment, our party will start small, but we have big plans of making this a big friends and family party in later years.
So the question I keep asking myself is, what makes a good Christmas party?
There are the obvious :
- No Christmas party is legit without Mariah Carey’s “All I Want For Christmas” blasting throughout the space. Right?
- The tree must be up, as well as any other decorations you choose to have. John vetoed the human-sized reindeer that I fell in love with from HomeGoods, so our party will be missing that (unfortunately), but we do have some other fun things up and around the apartment. We even have some presents wrapped under the tree!
- Now this is the big one. Our menu isn’t set, but I’ve already started making a list of good hors d’oeuvres to place around the apartment. We won’t be serving a meal per say, but I plan on having a ton of finger foods for people to snack on.
So what are my other Christmas party must-have’s?
- What would a Christmas party be without some awkward forced kissing situations? Unfortunately for me, I’m having a VERY difficult time finding some mistletoe. I’ve gone to a few places and they have all been out of smooch-inducing plant. I don’t want fake mistletoe, so I’ve held off purchasing any. I’m not giving up, though. I will locate some before Saturday!
- Ahh, good ol’ eggnog. I don’t really know anyone who actually drinks it (besides my dad) but it WILL be at the party. Maybe I’ll even try it this year and like it. Maybe.
- Call me crazy, but I don’t think any celebration is set without some bubbles. In fact, one of my favorite Christmas drinks is a Mistletoe; champagne with a spash of cranberry juice. Yum!
Because no blog post is ever really finished without some photos, I wanted to share some living rooms decked out for Christmas that are totally inspiring:
The ceiling in this space is just divine. Yes, I know that has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas, but it absolutely adds to the rustic Christmas vibe this living room has going on. I even love the mini Charlie Brown tree on the mantle!
The lime green in this space knocks my socks off. Admittedly, I’d probably never decorate with this color. Not because I don’t like it, but because when I think “Christmas” I think red and dark green. But wow, this color really works and is just a little bit unexpected!
Do you have any suggestions on how to make a Christmas party great? Would love to know your suggestions! Have a great Monday, all!